DOE Zero Energy Ready Home PV-Ready Checklist
The builder is responsible for verifying these requirements. Additional information and table can be found at PV-Ready Checklist.
- There is no existing PV system AND the home is not served by a community solar system.
- Zip code has a least 5 kWh/m2/day average solar radiation. Determine this at pvwatts.nrel.gov
- There is no significant natural shading (ie. trees, tall buildings on the south facing roof).
- House has minimum free roof area within +/- 45◦ of true south
- Designate proposed array location and square footage on architectural diagram.
- Identify orientation of proposed array location.
- Identify inclination of proposed array location.
- Provide core-compliant documentation of the maximum allowable dead load and live load ratings of the existing roof.
- Provide architectural drawing of solar PV system components.
- Install a 1” metal conduit for the DC wire run from the designated array location to the designated inverter location.
- Install a 1” metal conduit from designated inverter location to electrical service panel.
- Install and label a 4’X4’ plywood panel area for mounting an inverter and balance of system components or clearly not area designated in system documentation.
- Install a 70-amp dual pole circuit breaker in the electrical service panel for use by the PV system.